We are looking for high-calibre individuals to join us in Wimbledon (South-West London), UK, for immediate start. Reportlab offers a chance to work on world-beating technology with very high quality mentors, a first class customer base and enormous potential for growth.
Due to the small team size, everyone has multiple roles. We are looking for people who are smart, get things done and are good team players, and this is more important than your specific skill set. At this time, remote working is NOT an option. NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
We are based in green and leafy Wimbledon Village, one of the nicest suburbs of London, with plenty of accommodation options nearby. Changing facilities are available for those who like to keep fit, bike to work etc. If you are fed up with the commute into town, or enjoy the outdoors, you'll love the location.
We're looking for up to two good all-rounders to join our team. You will be building web-based, content-backed systems to publish personalised literature; helping to design and implement an exciting SAAS application; and building solutions for demanding, high-profile clients in the financial sector. The ideal candidate will have some experience (though not necessarily commercial) working with web technologies and knowledge of several of the following skills:
- Python programming - or evidence of ability to learn multiple languages
- Good analysis skills - the ability to listen to customers, figure out where the value lies, and help decide what to build in the first place
- Understanding of web frameworks, databases, XML
- Know CSS and HTML (an eye for visual design is a plus)
- Have the common sense to know when coding is NOT the answer and the ability to communicate clearly with non-programmers
- Common practices in agile, open-source-style development
- Mobile development (HTML5)
Our work covers the full stack from front-end through to server-side development, in a modern open source environment. We use Python, Django and MySQL on all common platforms, jquery and similar libraries for rich interfaces, as well as our own products for PDF generation.
Salary range is £20k-35k depending on experience.
If you have recently graduated, or are interesting in switching to a programming career, we're interested in talking to you. No specific technical skills are critical, but you will need a good understanding of 'how the web works' and to demonstrate that you have the aptitude to master complex subjects. You will undergo a thorough apprenticeship working your way through all the key skills in the web development stack, working closely alongside developers with decades of experience; and you'll get to deal daily with major, well known companies, delivering useful functionality to them. We believe we offer an almost perfect start to a programming career.
We're looking for an ambitious generalist to help manage a growing number of operations and projects. - be our point of contant in projects for blue-chip clients: capturing requirements, specifying and testing features, prioritising work and ensuring successful delivery - help to systematise and manage everything we've built previously, so that the business can scale up
You will need energy, enthusiasm, excellent verbal and written communications skills, common sense and an analytical frame of mind. There are no specific technical skills required but a good understanding of the web is important. We would consider either a graduate or postgraduate with all-round skills, or someone with a few years experience of project or IT work.
This is an ideal preparation for any career in consultancy or general management.
We need someone able to design for web and print, with a good basic understanding of CSS as well as practical skills with Illustrator, Photoshop or any equivalent application. The focus is on attractive, clear presentation of information as well as "creative" design.
- create credible, attractive mockups of new concepts to help us sell solutions. (e.g. what might a personalised programme for a major sporting event look like?)
- when clients don't have their own design teams, come up with visual concepts for our solutions and refine them with feedback
- when clients do have their own design guidelines, work within them to style our output and prepare the assets
- prototype and iterate on web interfaces
We would consider a part-time, industrial placement or intern for this position.
How to apply:
Send all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No agencies or teleworkers, please!
Our interview process usually involves a telephone screening, then thorough interviews including practical tests in our office.
- All employees start on a short-term contract on a probation period to see if we are suited to each other
- Due to (2) and (3), it is difficult to consider candidates who are currently based overseas