Changes to commercial package (rlextra/ReportLab PLUS)
1) We now support SVG as a format for embedded vector graphics. Refer to samples https://www.reportlab.com/examples/rml/test/test_002_paras_index.rml & https://www.reportlab.com/examples/rml/test/test_002_paras_index.pdf
In order to do this, a number of subtle changes and options to the rendering model were needed:
<path> tag may now contain a
<closePath/> tag to indicate that this is a closed path. The last point will be joined to the start.
<path> tag has extra attributes
fillRule (none | even-odd | non-zero)
none means use whatever is current default; even-odd means even odd crossing
determines the filling of the path, non-zero means that the crossing number
should be non-zero.
autoClose (none | pdf | svg) for filled non closed subpaths use
different methods of filling the subpath. The svg mechanism measn effectively
stroking and drawing separately.
For examples see the end of test_050_paths.rml at https://www.reportlab.com/examples/rml/test/test_050_paths.rml
image type attribute may now be "
svg" to allow svg drawings to be used.
<barCode> tags now support these encodings
3) We have considerably expanded our support for fillable forms within PDF files. The
<textField> tag has many more attributes
<checkboxField>, <radioField>, <choiceField> & <listboxField> which
along with the new <textField> make possible PDF forms. See example in test_028_fields.rml at https://www.reportlab.com/examples/rml/test/test_028_fields.rml
<ul> & <ol> tags now support automatic style change for the start/type parameter, by using a space separated list fo start values. See for https://www.reportlab.com/examples/rml/test/test_046_lists.rml
- added support for rotating bullets in ul/ol; version-->3.3.33
- add relative value <sup>/<sub> examples; version-->3.3.1
Changes to Open Source package (reportlab)
Also contains some commercial package (rlextra/ReportLab PLUS) fixes.
* More pagesizes from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size (contributed by https://bitbucket.org/alainchiasson/) * add in fillMode (fill-rule) variable to the graphics state for drawings * add support for automatic bullet rotation in ListFlowables. * fix acroform annotation bug in radios (reported by Olivia Zhang) * fix split paragraph rendering bug (reported by Olivia Zhang & Echo Bell) * Allow Image to have a drawing as argument * support for Path autoclose & fillMode; version --> 3.3.29 * add support for different fill policies in renderXX drawPath; version-->3.3.28 * allow for UTF_16_LE BOM, fix for bug contributed by Michael Poindexter firstname.lastname@example.org * improved support for images in renderPM/renderSVG bug report from Claude Paroz * add AcroForm support to canvas; version --> 3.3.22 * avoid cr lf line endings * attempt to ensure zipImported has some files or returns None * added additonal test to barcode/test.py * add an invisible font test thanks https://bitbucket.org/kb/ Konstantin Baierer * add mailto href test * improve UPCA barcode contribution by Kyle McFarlane https://bitbucket.org/kylemacfarlane/ * attempt to fix __loader__ issues in pyinstaller suggested by dbrnz @ bitbucket * fix NormalDate comprisons in python3.x * fix ypad use in ParagraphAndImage contrib annamarianfr@bitbucket, version-->3.3.16 * try to prevent multiple saving contrib by Tim Meneely * fix problems with svg drawToString contrib by Eric Gillet & Johann Du Toit * fix issue reported by Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <email@example.com> * fix fake KeepTogether setup in handle_keepWithNext * add NullActionFlowable, fix empty KeepTogether * really merge para-measure-fix * merge para-measure-fix changes * fixes to TypedPropertyCollection * changes to Render class; allow drawings to specify initialFontName/Size * fix python>=3.2 default axis labelling to match python2.x; bugfix contributed by Robin Westin bitbucket issue #82 * fix AttributeError reported by Kay Schluehr bitbucket issue #81 * add experimental time value axis * fix bug in python shapes rendering * add negative span style to test_platypus_tables splitting example * fix segfault in _rl_accel.c; fix contributed by Neil Schemenauer as issue #78 * attempt to remove quadratic performance hit when longTableOptimize is set * allow DATA: scheme in open for read * import Table _rowpositions calculation * support small ttfs which do not allow subsets * add rl_settings allowTTFSubsetting * address issue #76 (deprecated immports) reported by Richard Eames * add table cell support for simple background shadings, contributed by Jeffrey Creem jcreem@bitbucket * fix bug in tables.py reported by Vytis Banaitis @ bitbucket; version-->3.3.2 * minor change to allow barWidth setting in ecc200datamatrix.py (suggested by Kyle MacFarlane @ bitbucket) * make paraparser syntax errors real and fix <sup/sub> tags to have relative values; version-->3.3.1